crank and cam sensor mitsubshi

Discuss how to competently carry out diagnostics and repair of engine management systems
Tashfeen

crank and cam sensor mitsubshi

Post by Tashfeen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:47 pm

hi all this my first post on this forum i Mitsubishi 2012 when he get hot after 1 hour engine stall and rough idle but when scan no trouble code recently customer replace fuel pump
i check signal crank and cam i am not expert but i think the crank signal was not good
any one tell me whats the problem
Attachments
2 channel05.mwf
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
2 channel04.mwf
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

Kelvin

Re: crank and cam sensor mitsubshi

Post by Kelvin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Apparently, you have incorrectly connected the black crocodile of the device's power cable: it must be connected to the car body;
You connected it to the "-" battery terminal. Because of this, inductions from high currents flowing through the car ground are superimposed on the useful signal. In this case, we see that on crankshaft and camshaft sensor signals current inductions from the ignition coils are superimposed.
Usually, such interference is regarded as a negative effect that makes noise to the signals being picked up. But in this case, thanks to this noise we can see when the engine control unit sent control signals to the ignition coils.
I have looked closely at the waveform and I see that the cause of the misfire here is a malfunction of the engine control unit: time to time it stops giving control signals to the ignition coils.
Not enough pulses.png
Not enough pulses.png (48.95 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Tashfeen

Post by Tashfeen » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:16 am

hello :P
thanks for replay me and tell where i am wrong
yes you are right the negative clip connect the battery
in this case the crank sensor grip not good change the grip and problem solved thansks
Attachments
crank and cam (bad crank)when hot.mwf
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

Ecmbuster

Post by Ecmbuster » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:41 pm

12.72 Hz = 763.2 RPM
Between these measured "spikes" there is an intrusion at the CAM and CRANK positions sensors. That intrusion may be within the harness or a defective ground connection. Look for possible water intrusion within the ECM. The intrusion needs to be solved because the "spikes" are what is "confusing" the ECM for the number 1 cylinder position and the correlation of the cam sensor. Use the saved file to slide the reference lines and measure this yourself.
Attachments
12.72 Hz.JPG
RPM measurement
12.72 Hz.JPG (433.59 KiB) Viewed 70 times